1. Open the Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
- Click on Start.
- In the search box, type the following: "regedit" and then press Enter.
2. Determine if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit OS.
- If you don't know how, please refer to Microsoft's help page here.
- For 64-bit machine, go to step 3.
- For 32-bit machine, go to step 4.
3. If you have a 64-bit machines, navigate to the following key by clicking on the directory found under 'Computer':
4. If you have a 32-bit machines, navigate to the following key by clicking on the directory found under 'Computer':
5. Locate the key named 'timeinstalled' in order to read the installation date.
What if I cannot find the date of installation?
If the key does not exist, it may be because you don't have an Ask search application installed on your machine anymore, or you are using an older version of the toolbar product. If you think you have an older version, please refer to the toolbar-specific EULA found here.