If you have used our site or our search apps, we may have collected the information listed below, using browser cookies and mobile device IDs, and such information is tied to an anonymous cookie ID. We retain this data for a period of 18 months, after which it is no longer tied to any IP address, UDID or unique cookie ID.
Information we collect about your computer or mobile device when you use the Ask service
- IP address of computer or device
- Browser type (Internet Explorer 8, etc.)
- Browser language setting
- Other browser information (e.g. size, connection speed)
- Operating system or platform (Mac, Windows XP, etc.)
Information we collect about your use of the Ask service
- The URL of the last webpage you visited before visiting Ask.com
- All of your activity on the Ask.com website and Ask mobile applications (your search queries, search results selected, clicks, pages viewed, etc.)
If you wish for us to remove from our databases all your searches, queries and other activities on Ask.com, we would have to first obtain the IP address of the computers and mobile devices you used to access the Ask.com site, and then make deeper research in our databases to locate any data that may be associated with your browser IP addresses or UDID.