Questions, answers and comments are only removed when they don't quite measure up to one or more of our Community Guidelines. Most common reasons for removal include the following:
Lots of spelling/grammar errors, all-caps or "text-speak" (most people won't answer a question they can't quickly understand)
- Off-topic - an answer that doesn't directly relate to the question being asked
TMI - including details that reveal too much about yourself or someone else
Not a question - if you are just looking to chat rather than seeking specific information about a topic
- Nonsense - any question that is impossible for anyone to answer factually, for any reason
Already asked - someone else may have asked the same question just minutes ago
- Illegal - anything against the law is also against our Community Guidelines
- Lovelorn - looking to hook up with other members of the community
- Offensive/vulgar - we're not prudes, but in case my grandmother is reading, keep it relatively clean
- Internet memes - posting "what does the fox say" just because everyone else is doing it? Not okay
Make sure to post questions that others can actually answer. Statements that are not questions and “Magic 8-Ball” questions that are basically unanswerable, such as “Does he like me?,” “Will I get a puppy for my birthday?,” or “Am I pregnant?” etc aren’t really answerable. In addition, please refrain from posting chatty forum questions, this vs. that, yes/no, and “What’s your favorite…” type questions.
Take a look at our Community Guidelines for a complete guide pertaining to questions, answers and comments in our community.